Hellena's Lament - an Introduction



Click to Listen 






I always noticed when I was rude to a person, or rather mean to him, that person would instantly handle me differently. He may say something distasteful under his breath or to his buddies later, but my request is taken care of and quickly in fact. Prior to my bitch coming out the gate, I will be kind and giving and ignored. 

The boys I date will drift but frantically clamor back by my side soon as I snub them and they see me out with other men. The more I treat them like shit the more they want me. 

We are often told on a job, ”he is an asshole or she’s a bitch. Give him or her whatever he or she wants.” 

Trump is one of the foulest presidents we have had in the United States and yet he is receiving so much more respect and is the most popular President of his party...of any political party...in history. 

Martin Luther King, Jr. taught a nation peaceful resistance yet it’s Hitler who has the most followers carrying on his legacy without falter. 

Twitter and Facebook are only successful because it is where terrorist groups such as ISIS and the Ku Klux Klan can easily spread their message of hate, and bullies can public shame anyone at any age, race, gender or sexual preference and say they are doing so because they have the right to free speech. Not to mention they get all the attention they could ever dream of because we all retweet, repost, reshare and the media will broadcast it all over the world, talk shows will joke about them and celebrities will gossip. 

All of this, and then we are shock and wonder why there is so much hate in the world. Why are we so depressed? Anxiety has risen! Why? Why are children shooting other children, and why are adults giving up so soon and ending it all?

Since I've been spending more time on Twitter and have been especially selective in who I follow, I've had the pleasure of meeting some extremely talented and smart people. Many of them want so much to spread joy. Some of them are successful in touching a handful of people like me. But most of them are ignored. I noticed that my tweets have a shallow reach depending on the topic. The more negative the topic, the deeper the reach. The more positive, or if I'm promoting my art (especially if I'm promoting my art, ) my reach is quite small. I don't even see my tweet from my other accounts. Yes, I check. Some of the people I follow, I noticed, receive more interaction with political tweets that are negative than they do tweets that are positive or promoting their art, fiction or music. And yet social media spokespeople tell the media that they cannot prevent fanatics from sharing their hate propaganda online. 

I don't excuse tech companies from being apart of the spread of hate, but we as the consumers shalt not be excused either. In fact, we are fully to blame. We are sold what we demand, and hate is profitable. If we demanded positivity, if we gave more attention to those who do what is right, if we ignored public shaming, if we started applauding good works, if we rewarded those who treated us well and gave nothing to those who mistreat us, if we stopped punishing people who are legitimately trying their very best, we could, perhaps, see less hate. Perhaps...perhaps. But...where’s the fun in that. 

The irony in this is that this blog might not be read because no one follows me. So, no one will even know to try this test of positivity over negativity so I'm only writing for myself. So I can actually say, "fuck you all" and it won't matter that I don't really mean it though I wish I could be the type of person who did and said it regularly. 

This is why I wrote The Lolita Gentry Project to explore that evil side of me through fiction. 

Click to listen to my newest LGP short story on Justori and witness Hellena giving up on humanity taking her final step into bad side.

-------Aside-------


How about a game? If you read this blog, post on any or all of your social media this hashtag: #Ichoosehellenanotlolita. This will be our secret code telling the world that we will make every effort to make changes for good. Seek out goodness, understand the misunderstood, tolerate the intolerable, love the unlovable, help those in need (remembering needs vary therefore it's not just about money,) listen more to hear which means arguing to learn from the opponent not to dominate. All of this is near impossible but not improbal. Let's try and see what happen. Why the hell not??

Comments

Popular Posts